Recipe: Tom Wayman Chili
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak — coarse grind
- 2 pounds sirloin steak-top — cut into 1″ cubes (remove all fat & white tissue)
- 3 green bell peppers — chopped
- 3 large onions — chopped
- 3 cups garlic — minced
- 1/2 cup parsley — snipped
- 3 cups tomatoes-16 oz including liquid (i use the cut-up tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 ounce tabasco
- In a large cooking pot brown meat in the butter/marg. Pour off 1/3 cup liquid from meat and saute green pepper, onion, garlic & parsley in separate skillet until tender.
- Add to meat mixture and stir in chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Add tabasco and tomatoes. Simmer entire mixture 1 hour covered, remove lid and simmer at least 30 min longer. Stir occasionally.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)