Recipe: Tomato And Liver Stir-Fry
- 2 md Tomatoes
- 1 lb Beef liver
- 1 tb Soy sauce
- 1 tb Sherry
- 2 ts Cornstarch
- 1 t Sugar
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Ginger, ground
- 4 tb — Water, divided
- 1 md Onion — cut in wedges
- Cut tomatoes into wedges (makes about 2 cups); set aside. Cut liver into 1/2″ wide strips; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, sugar, salt and ginger.
- Add liver; marinade for 15 to 20 minutes. In a medium skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Add liver and marinade to skillet. Cook and stir until partially cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. To the skillet add remaining 2 tablespoons water.
- Add onions; cook and stir until onions are crisp and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes are tender, 1 minute.
- Add reserved liver and marinade; cook and stir until meat is cooked, but still pink in the center, about 2 minutes Serve with cooked rice, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)