Recipe: Tostada Grande
- 1/4 lb Ground beef or pork
- 1 cn Whole tomatoes, drained and -chopped
- 1 ts Ground cumin
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 12 Tortillas, 6-8″
- 1 c Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/2 c Shredded cheddar or -Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 c Shredded lettuce
- 1 md Tomato, chopped
- 1 Ripe avacado, peeled, -seeded, sliced
- Brown meat; drain
- Stir in tomatoes, cumin and salt; cover and simmer 5 minutes.Cover bottom and sides of 12″ pizza pan with tortillas, overlapping attractively.
- Spread with Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa; top with meat mixture. Bake at 350’F. oven 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange lettuce, tomato and avacado over top.
- Cut into wedges using scissors or small knife and serve with additional Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)