Recipe: Triple Cheese Burgers
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/4 c Bread Crumbs; Dry
- 1/4 c Onion; Finely Chopped, 1 sm.
- 1 ea Egg; Large
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 t Basil Leaves
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 1/8 t Garlic Salt
- 6 T Creamed Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese; Grated
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce; 1 cn
- 6 ea Cheese Slices
- You can use either Mozzarella or Swiss cheese slices. Each slice should be 3 X 3 inches square.
- Mix the meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg and seasonings together. Shape the mixture into 12 thin patties, each about 4-inches in diameter.
- Top each of 6 patties with 1 Tbls of the cottage cheese, spreading to within 1/2-inch of the edge, sprinkle on 2 tsp of the Parmesan cheese, and top each patty with one of the remaining patties sealing the edges firmly.
- Brown the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once. Drain off the fat and pour the tomato sauce over the patties. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Place a cheese slice on each patty, cover, and heat until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve with the remaining sauce in the skillet poured over them.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)