Recipe: Turkey Loaf
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 c Bread crumbs
- 2 tb Fresh parsley or 2 tsp dry
- 1/2 ts Poultry seasoning or sage
- 1 ts Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tb Fresh basil or 1 ts dry
- 1 lb Ground turkey, 454 grams
- 1/4 c Chopped onion
- 1 tb Low-fat yogurt
- 2 ts Dijoy-style mustard
- A lower-fat version of traditional meat loaf made with ground beef. Could also be baked as patties with cooking time adjusted.
- Combine egg, crumbs, seasonings. Add turkey and onion, mix well. Press evenly into ungreased 8 x 5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes or until done. Mix sauce ingredients and spread over top before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)