Recipe: Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 c Onions; chopped
- 1 c Green Bell Pepper; chopped
- 1 cn Pizza Sauce; 15 oz.
- 1/4 lb Pepperoni; coarsely chopped
- 1/2 ts Italian Seasoning; dried
- 1 Jar Green Giant Sliced Mushrooms; drained;
- 2.5 oz. 6 oz Mozzarella Cheese; thinly -sliced TOPPING
- 1 c Milk
- 1 tb Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 c All-Purpose Flour; Pillsbury -Best; or Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese; grated
- Heat oven to 400F. In lrg. skillet over med.-high heat, brown ground beef, onions and bell pepper. Drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni, Italian seasoning and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered 10 mins., stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in sm. bowl combine milk, oil and eggs; beat 1 min. at med. speed. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour and salt; beat 2 mins. at med. speed or until smooth. Spoon meat mixture evenly into ungreased 13×9″ baking dish.
- Place cheese slices over hot meat mixture. Pour topping evenly over cheese, covering complete; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400F for 20-30 mins. or until puffed and deep golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)