Recipe: Uss Chicago-Style Pizza
- 1 Package active dry yeast
- 2 ts Sugar
- 1 1/4 c Warm water
- 3 1/4 c All-purpose flour
- 3 tb Olive oil
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 c Pizza sauce
- 12 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb Ground beef, crumbled, cooked
- 1/4 lb Italian Sausage, crumbled, Cooked
- 1/4 lb Pork Sausage, Crumbled, Cooked
- 1/2 c Pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 c Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/2 c Ham, diced
- 1/4 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sm Onion, sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded, sliced
- 2 oz Grated Parmesan cheese
- For dough, sprinkle yeast and sugar into warm water in small bowl; let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, oil and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center and add yeast mixture. Stir to form a soft dough, adding more flour if necessary. Turn onto a floured board and knead until dough is supple and elastic, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, cover and let rise in a warm spot until dough has doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down.
- Roll dough to a 15-inch circle. Transfer to an oiled 14-inch pizza pan, folding the excess over to make a small rim. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with all but a handful of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with meats and vegetables. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Let rise in a warm spot about 25 minutes.
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Bake pizza until crust is golden, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)