Recipe: Veal Oscar With Sauce Bernaise
- 6 Veal cutlets (1/4″ thick, Sirloin cut)
- Salt and black pepper Flour and butter
- 24 Warmed asparagus spears,
- Cooked tender 3 tb Beef stock
- 1 Sauce bernaise
- Flatten the cutlets,lightly,on both sides with a mallet,heavy knife or rolling pin (a 2 x 4 works well).Season with salt and black pepper.Dip in flour.
- Saute in butter over a moderate heat, turning the cutlets several times until done to golden brown. Place on a large warmed platter.
- Pour the beef stock into a hot saute pan.Let it cook a minute or so,then pour over the cutlets.
- Place four asparagus spears on top of each cutlet and sauce with spoonful of the bernaise sauce.
- SAUCE BERNAISE : Boil 1 cup EACH: wine vinegar and dry white wine with the following: 8 tablespoons minced shallots or green onions,4 tablespoons fresh tarragon or 4 teaspoons of dried tarragon, 4 tablespoons EACH: minced parsley and chives,salt and black pepper to taste.Boil until reduced by two thirds.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)