Recipe: Vegetable-Beef Casserole
- 3/4 lb Lean ground beef
- 3/4 ts Garlic powder
- 2 md Zucchini
- 1 sm Onion; chopped
- 16 oz Canned tomatoes; quartered
- 1/2 c Uncooked rice
- 1/4 c Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 ts Dried basil; crumbled
- Crumble beef in 9-inch square microwave-safe baking dish; sprinkle with garlic. Cover; microwave on High 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Add zucchini, onion, tomatoes, rice, soy sauce, basil and 1/2 cup water to ground beef, stirring to combine.
- Cover and microwave on High 27 minutes, or until rice is tender; stir frequently.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)