Recipe: Vegetable Beef Rolls
- 1 1/2 lb Ground beef
- 1 ea Beaten slightly
- 1/2 T Salt
- Dash pepper 1/2 c Carrot, shredded
- 1/4 c Celery, chopped
- 1/4 c Green pepper, chopped
- 12 sl Bacon
- 1/2 c Italian salad dressing
- Combine ground beef and egg, divide into 6 portions and pat out into 6″x4″ rectangles. Combine the salt, pepper, carrot, celery and the green pepper.
- Place equal amounts of the vegetable mixture onto each ground beef rectangle, roll up as for a jelly roll. Wrap each with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a baking dish and pour the salad dressing over top. Let stand for about 1 hour, turning occasionally to keep all sides coated.
- Remove rolls from pan and grill over medium coals, for 20 to 25 minutes. Basting with the marinade left in the dish.
- Turn and baste occasionally. Be sure to remove the toothpicks before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)