Recipe: Vegetable Stuffed Round Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium carrot — grated
- 2 small zucchini — sliced thin
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese — grated
- 2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce (Healthy Choice)
- Pound round steak until very thin. Rub olive oil into steak. Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt and pepper.
- Layer carrots, zucchini, and cheese down the center of the steak lengthwise. Roll up steak from the long side. Tie together with four pieces of string.
- Use a meat rack if you have one that will fit. Place meat in crockpot and cover with spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low 7-9 hours (High 3-4 hours).
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)