Recipe: Vegetarian Couscous Casserole
- 1 1/2 c Water
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1 c Couscous, uncooked
- 15 oz Canned black beans, drained
- 8 3/4 oz Can no-salt-added whole Kernel corn, drained
- 8 oz Canned sliced water Chestnuts, drained
- 7 oz Jar, roasted red peppers in Water, drained and cut into Strips
- 1/2 c Minced green onions
- 2 tb Minced pickeled jalapeno Pepper
- 1 c Part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tb Balsamic vinegar
- 2 ts Sesame oil
- 1 ts Ground cumin Vegetable cooking spray
- 6 c Fresh spinach leaves
- Combine water and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous; stir well.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed. Add black beans and next 5 ingredients; stir gently.
- Combine ricotta cheese, vinegar, oil, and cumin; stir into couscous mixture. Spoon mixture into an 11x7x2″ baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. 3. Cut spinach leaves into thin strips. Place 1 cup spinach on each
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)