Recipe: Veggie Burger Mix
- 1/2 c Dry garbanzo beans
- 1/2 c Dry soybeans
- 1/2 c Dry lentils
- 1/2 c Yellow split peas
- 1/2 c Instant brown rice
- 1/2 c Rolled oats
- 1 pk Dry soup mix or Salad dressing mix
- 1/4 c Bread crumbs
- 1/4 c Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 ts Baking soda
- Put the ingredients one by one in a blender. Turn on the blender. Run for cover (it’s pretty noisy).
- When everything is reduced to powder, combine i a container. To use, mix 1 cup of the mix with 2/3 cup HOT water or combination of water and BBQ sauce, water and wine, or whatever other liqui you can think of.
- Let sit 15 minutes, then form into 3 patties. Cook in a pan coated with nonstick spray.
- NOTE: If you use BBQ sauce as part of the liquid, they wi brown much faster – must be the sugar in the sauce.
- This recipe makes 4 cu of dry mix. The variations for this are endless, as you can use different dry mixes.
- Good Seasons makes fat free dry salad dressing mixes, and there are lots of different flavors of soup mix (I think onion soup would be good).
- You coul also use the dry seasoning mixes, like the taco seasoning, etc.
- Some of the are fairly high in sodium, but I would think that in a quantity of mix, it would average out to an acceptable level.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)