Recipe: Veggie Casserole (Opt. Lacto)
- 1 cn Red kidney beans, drained. (the mid-sized can)
- 1 cn Chick peas, drained. (same Size)
- 2 cn Tomatos (larger sized cn ..16_oz/_500_mL, I think)
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 1 lg Onion, diced
- 1 ea Garlic cloves to taste
- 2 To 3 cups frozen vegetables. (I used corn)
- 1/2 To 1 cup grated ff cheese (optional) 1 ea Cooked couscous or other grain of choice
- Combine all ingredients in large casserole dish, and bake in 400F oven for 45 mins.
- You may add 1/2- 1 cup grated ff cheese the last ten minutes of cooking, but I don’t think it rea
lly needs it.
- Serve over couscous (or any other grain you like) It was rather liquid, next time, I think I will drain the tomatoes, reserving liquid, and adding until it “looks right”
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)