Recipe: Veggie Or Casserole Topper
- 3 sl Bacon, diced
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 c Dry bread, cracker or -cornflake crumbs
- 1 ts Italian seasonings
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground black pepper
- Place bacon in a 2-cup glass measure. Cover with paper towel. Stirring midway through cooking, microwave on high 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon and reserve. Discard all nut 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Add garlic and microwave on high 1 minute.
- Add bread crumbs, seasonings, pepper and reserved bacon; mix thoroughly. Sprinkle over cooked vegetables such as green beans,
- Brussels sprouts or broccoli. Or top a casserole during last 3-4 minutes of microwaving with mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)