Recipe: Veggieburger In Quantity (Dried)
- 1 c Dried corn
- 1 c Whole wheat
- 1 c Brown rice
- 1 c White rice
- 1 c Black beans
- 1 c Lentils
- 1 c Oatmeal
- Whir grains one at a time in blender until coarsely chopped. mix well and store in a covered container. When you want a veggie burger scoop out needed amount <1 cup makes 4 good sized burgers>
- Whir 1 cup at a time in blender until reasonably fine. Heat 1 cup of water for each cup of mix until boiling add seasoningsadd to dry mixture and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Drop by large spoonsfull into nonstick fry panit will firm up as it cooks. Its gloppy to start with. That’s ok.
- Turn when brown on bottom. serve as pleases you. For a more tender pancake like burger use a little more water. beef, chicken, or ham flavored burgers.
- Use 2 TBSsoup starter for each cup of water. Serve on buns with lettuce tomatoe, onion, ketchup, mustard or whatever strikes your fancy. For cheeseburgers use FF cheese.
- Taco burgers add 1/2 pkt taco seasonings to each cup of water. serve with salsa or stir fry to a chunky consistancy and make tacos hawaiian burgers use pineapple juice in place of 1/2 the water add a dash of soy sauce.
- Serve with pineapple rings. sloppy joes use 1/2 c. sloppy joe mix for each cup of water stir fry to chuncky consistancy.
- Serve on whole wheat buns. sweet and sour burgers. Use soy sauce in place of 1/4 water. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)