Recipe: Venison Roast
- 3 lb Chunk of venison roast (or Roll it if its in steak Form)
- 2 c Onion – Cut up (2 in. Pieces)
- 2 c Potato – Cut up “
- 1 c Carrots – cut up “
- 1 c Fresh mushrooms – sliced
- 2 tb Liquid smoke
- 3 tb (or more) Worchestershire
- Sauce 3 tb (or more) Soy Sauce
- 1/2 c Beef broth
- Put a LARGE oven cooking bag in an oblong baking pan (so that the bag fits inside the pan). To the bag, add the venison.
- Add all liquids, then veggies around the meat. Put the ‘shrooms on top of everything else, then the spices on top of them.
- You want to have about 1 inch of liquid in the bottom of the bag, so if you need more, add a little water (or white wine!).
- Seal bag. Poke several small holes in top of bag to let steam escape.
- Bake at 300-325 for 3-1/2 hours. (If you chop the veggies big, they won’t overcook).
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)