Recipe: Venison Steaks With Scotch Sour Sauce
- 2 tb Butter,divided use
- 1/4 c Finely chopped shallots
- 5 Cranberries,crushed
- 1/4 c Scotch whiskey
- 3/4 c Orange juice
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 2 tb Red currant jelly
- 1 ts Dijon mustard
- 2 ts Cornstarch
- 2 tb Water
- 4 Venison Porterhouse steaks OR 4 small beef Porterhouse Steaks
- Combine 1 tbsp. butter,shallots and berries in a 2 cup glass measure.Cover with vented plastic wrap.Microwave on high for 2 minutes.Add Scotch whiskey and microwave on high 1 minute or until boiling.
- Stir in orange juice,lemon juice,jelly and mustard. Microwave on high 2 minutes or until boiling.Combine cornstarch with water.
- Stir into sauce;microwave on high 1 minute or until boiling;set aside. Preheat a microwave browning dish according to the maximum time given in manufacturer’s directions.
- Rub remaining 1 tbsp. butter over surface.Immediately,press venison or beef onto hot surface.When brown,turn over.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes or to desired doneness.Do not overcook.Serve immediately with sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)