Recipe: Venison Stew From Fred Goslin
- 1 lb Venison [cubed]
- 2 tb Oil 6 c Water
- 1 c Onions [chopped]
- 1 c Peas
- 1 c Green beans
- 4 lg Potatoes [peeled & chopped]
- 1 1/2 c Carrots [sliced]
- 1 c Corn 1 t Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 tb Cornstarch
- 1 c Cold water
- Brown the venison in the oil in a stock pot then drain.
- Add the 6 cups of water, the veggies, salt and pepper, and bay leaves, cooking over med. heat for 45 min. to an hour or `til the meat and veggies are tender.
- Combine the cornstarch and the remaining water in a small bowl, and stir into the stew `til thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)