Recipe: Vermicelli With Meat Sauce And Feta Cheese
- 1 lb Vermicelli
- 1 md Onion — chopped
- 2 tb Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb Ground Beef
- 35 oz Can Italian Plum Tomatoes — -undrained
- 6 oz Can Tomato Paste
- Salt And Pepper 1 tb Sugar
- 1/4 c Fresh Basil — chopped -or-
- 2 tb Dried Basil
- 6 oz Feta Cheese — crumbled
- Saute the onion in the olive oil over medium heat, then add the ground beef and saute until meat is browned and broken up.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix well, then add the salt, pepper, sugar, and basil and let simmer.
- Add the cheese to the sauce just before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)