Recipe: Waldorf Astoria Stew- Crock Pot
- 2 pound beef, sirloin, cut up
- 2 cup potatoes, cut in large pieces
- 2 cup carrots, cut in large pieces
- 2 cup celery, cut in large pieces
- 1 each onions, small, frozen bag
- 1 each bread, slice, cut up
- 16 oz tomatoes, whole, can and juice
- 2 tablespoon onion, dry, minced
- 3 tablespoon tapioca, quick cooking
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 each tomato soup, can
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 pepper to taste
- Place all in large crock pot. Cover and cook at low setting for 5 hours.
- Do not stir. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Add additional vegetables; whatever your family likes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)