Recipe: Western Light Broil With Vegetables
- 1 lb Beef top round or boneless
- Sirloin steak,cut 1″ thick
- 1/2 c Light soy sauce
- 2 tb Honey
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- 2 Green onions, finely
- Chopped 1/4 ts Garlic powder
- 6 oz Asparagus tips, blanched (2 1/2″ long)
- 3/4 c Diagonally cut carrots,
- Blanched 1/2 c Frozen peas,blanched
- 4 Tomato roses,if desired
- Combine soy sauce,honey,lemon juice,onions and garlic powder.Pour marinade over steak,turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator,6 to 8 hours,turning occasionally.Pour off marinade;discard.Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4″ from heat.
- Broil 16 to 20 minutes to medium-rare,turning once.Keep steak warm.Meanwhile, arrange an equal amount of each vegetable,in spoke fashion,on four dinner plates.
- Carve steak into 1/4″ thick slices.Arrange 4 slices of beef over vegetables.Top with a tomato rose,if desired
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)