Recipe: Yorkshire Pudding With Beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cups cooked beef chopped
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- Heat oven to 425°. Put butter and oil in 13×9″ pan.
- Put in oven to melt and warm pan. Meanwhilie, in saucepan, melt 3 T. margarine.
- Remove from heat. Meanwhile beat eggs in medium bowl with whisk. Add flour in 4 additions. Stir in 2-3 T. of melted margarine from saucepan and salt.
- Pour batter into hot baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 5 minutes longer until fluffy and brown around edges and firm.
- Meanwhile, cook onion in 1 T. remaing margarine in saucepan. Add beef, gravy and mixed vegetables until vegetabes are tender, 10 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture over baked batter and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)