Recipe: Wine And Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add shallots and cook gently 3 minutes. Add brandy to pan and allow to heat through for a few seconds, then flame.
- When flames subside, add wine to shallots. Stir in stock and peppercorns and boil rapidly for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and chopped parsley. Return to medium heat and heat through 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with parsley sprig, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)