Recipe: Deviled Chicken Halves
- 1 chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Wash chicken and pat dry. Split into halves down middle of back and breast
- Preheat broiler
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, oil, mustard, and cayenne; mix thoroughly.
- Brush chicken with half the butter mixture. Add onions, garlic, and salt into remaining butter mixture; mix thoroughly.
- Arrange chicken on broiler pan, skin side down. Broil 6 inches from source of heat for 20 minutes. Turn; broil for 10 minutes.
- Baste with butter mixture. Broil for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. Cut and serve with lemon wedges.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)