Recipe: Dilly Trout
- 2 pounds pan−dressed trout (or other small fish), fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Thaw frozen fish. Clean, wash, and dry fish. Cut fish almost through lengthwise and spread open.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a 10−inch fry pan. Add dill weed.
- Place fish in a single layer, flesh side down, in the hot dill butter. Fry at moderate heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn carefully. Fry 2 to 3 minutes longer or until fish flake easily when tested with a fork. Place fish on a warm serving platter. Keep warm.
- When all the fish have been fried, turn heat very low and stir in lemon juice. Pour sauce over fish.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)