Recipe: Elegant Crabmeat Balls
- 2 (6−7 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 package bacon, cut into halves
- Drain and flake crabmeat; combine remaining ingredients except bacon.
- Mix well. Shape into walnut sized balls. Wrap in bacon half; secure with wooden picks.
- Broil under medium heat until bacon is crisp, approximately 10 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon. Makes approximately 2 dozen.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)