Recipe: Filet Mignon With Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- 4 (6 ounces) filet mignons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Trim filets of excess fat and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large, heavy skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the filets and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Remove filets from the skillet and keep warm. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for approximately 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine.
- After 30 seconds, add the Balsamic vinegar and heat until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat and add the green onion slices.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Ladle sauce over filet mignons and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)