Recipe: French Onion Mushroom Soup
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1/2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onions and mushrooms till soft. Add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F and heat bread for 10 minutes; remove. Heat broiler.
- Puree 1/2 the soup mixture; add back to pot, and heat. Divide into 4 broiler proof crocks, top with cheese and broil for 3 to 5 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)