Recipe: Garlic Aioli
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Note: This is the ideal party spread for everything from crunchy French bread to grilled fish or chicken. Make a double batch because it will disappear fast.
- Use either a mortar and pestle or a food processor. Grind the garlic.
- Add the salt
and egg yolk, and beat until the egg turns lighter in color. Very, very slowly, drizzle in the olive oil, followed by the lemon juice.
- Stir constantly. Season to taste. You may also add herbs for a variation.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)