Recipe: Garlic French Vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon−style mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan boil the garlic in 2 inches water for 15 minutes, or until it is tender, and drain it.
- In a bowl mash the garlic to a paste and whisk in the cream, the mustard, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste, whisking until the mixture is thickened slightly.
- Add the oil, drop by drop, whisking, and whisk the vinaigrette until it is emulsified. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)