Recipe: Garlic Shrimp Au Gratin
- 2 pounds raw shrimp
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups pork rinds, crushed
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry sherry
- Shell and devein shrimp. Toss into boiling water, return to boil and cook for about 2 minutes until shrimp turn all pink.
- Drain. In large skillet melt 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) over low heat. Add bread crumbs, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir a few minutes over low heat; pour in sherry and cook 1 minute more.
- Place alternate layers of shrimp and bread crumbs in well−buttered gratin dish, ending with bread crumbs. Dot with remaining butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)