Recipe: Hash Browned Zucchini
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- Coarsely shred zucchini (you should have about 4 cups) and combine with salt in a medium−size bowl.
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze with your hands to press out moisture. Stir in eggs, cheese and garlic.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a wide frying pan over medium−high heat. Mound about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture in pan; flatten slightly to make a patty.
- Repeat until pan is filled, but don’t crowd patties in pan. Cook patties, turning once, until golden on both sides (about 6 minutes). Lift out and arrange on a warm platter; keep warm.
- Repeat to cook remaining zucchini mixture, adding more butter as needed.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)