Recipe: Lemon Marinated Sirloin Steak
- 1 pound steak, your choice of cuts
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 4 teaspoons Splenda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Score fat edges of steak. Place meat in a shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over steak. Cover; let stand 4 hours in the refrigerator or overnight, turning steak several times.
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat excess moisture from steak with paper towels. Grill steak over medium−hot coals for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Turn; cook for 15 to 17 minutes more for medium−rare. Heat reserved marinade on grill.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)