Recipe: Mexican Green Bean Salad
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Steam green beans until tender−crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Drain. Whisk together other ingredients and pour over warm green beans.
- Allow to marinate at least 1/2 hour.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)