Recipe: Mexican Steak
- 1 pound round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can Mexican−style chunky tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Cut beef into 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch strips. Heat oil in 10−inch skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook beef and onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown. Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Top with sour cream.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)