Recipe: Oven Fried Chicken With Gravy
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, dry mustard, celery salt, and paprika in a brown paper bag. Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Shake the chicken pieces one at a time in the flour mixture. Melt the butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to hold the chicken in one layer.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the dish and turn them once to coat both sides in the butter. Bake at 375 degrees F, uncovered, for 75 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the chicken to a preheated serving platter. Place the roasting pan over a low heat and add 1 teaspoon xanthan gum to the chicken drippings and butter.
- Scrape the sediment from the bottom and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in two cups of hot water and keep stirring until the gravy thickens
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)