Recipe: Shrimp Casserole Charleston
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half−and−half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or to taste
- Sauté mushroom in butter. Add onion and tomatoes and simmer for ten minutes.
- Blend half−and−half and flour and add along with sherry, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and paprika, to taste.
- Add shrimp, and put into a large buttered casserole.
- Top with crumbs and bake at 350 degrees F until brown, about 20 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)