Recipe: Southwest Sizzlin’ Steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Cooking Mixture
- 4 beef chuck eye steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Prepare marinade. Brush over both sides of steaks; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray an 8−inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sauté 2 cloves garlic, onion, green pepper, cumin and oregano on moderate heat, stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
- Taste and add garlic salt, if needed. Meanwhile, sear steaks in a heavy frypan on medium−high heat.
- Sauté 5 minutes per side of medium−rare doneness.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)