Recipe: Stuffed Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4−inch thickness.
- Combine pepper, garlic powder, paprika and the cayenne together in a small bowl and spread evenly on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Salt to taste. Cut the smoked Gouda into small pieces and place one quarter of the cheese on each breast.
- Press down firmly and roll the breast starting with the narrow end. Wrap each chicken breast with one piece of bacon.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken rolls evenly in the butter until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Place the four chicken rolls in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)