Recipe: Best Steak Salad (Gluten-Free)
- 650g chat potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra for potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g thick sirloin steak
- 300g thin green beans, trimmed, blanched, refreshed in cold water
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs gluten-free horseradish cream
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper on a baking tray and roast for 20-25 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon oil in a dish with half the garlic. Season, then add steak and coat in the mixture. Set aside.
- Place the green beans, red onion and halved cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, horseradish, and remaining oil and garlic.
- Set aside. Heat a chargrill over high heat. When hot, cook steak for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly and toss with salad ingredients and roast potatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing, then sprinkle with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)