Recipe: Fructose-Free Ham And Mushroom Pizza
- 50g small Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100g thinly sliced double-smoked leg ham
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 100g mozzarella cheese, sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free cornflour
- 8g sachet instant dry yeast
- tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a 30cm round pizza tray.
- Make pizza base: Sift cornflour into a bowl.
- Combine yeast, sugar and milk in a jug. Add yeast mixture, oil and 1/4 cup warm water to cornflour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix until firm dough forms. Turn onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead lightly for 2 minutes or until smooth. Shape into a 15cm round.
- Press dough onto prepared tray. Top with mushroom, ham, torn basil and cheese. Drizzle with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden and cheese melted. Drizzle with remaining oil. Top with basil. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)