Recipe: Gluten & Dairy-Free Muffins
- Light olive oil, to grease
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 120g can apple puree
- 160ml (2/3 cup) soy milk or rice milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 1 medium (about 150g) red apple, cored, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 200g (1 1/2 cups) Orgran gluten and wheat-free self-raising flour
- 175g (1 1/2 cups) gluten-free soy compound
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush twelve 80ml (1/3-cup) capacity muffin pans with oil to grease.
- Whisk together the eggs, apple puree, milk, honey and oil in a bowl until combined.
- Add the apple and blueberries and stir to combine. Sift the flour, soy compound and cinnamon over the apple mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon among prepared pans. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centres comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar to serve
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)