Recipe: Gluten-Free Chicken And Vegetable Pie
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled, diced
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1 quantity Pie pastry (see related recipe)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add zucchini, carrot and potato.
- Cook for 3 minutes. Add 1 cup stock to pan.
- Place cornflour and 1/4 cup remaining stock in a bowl. Stir to form a paste. Stir in remaining stock.
- Stir cornflour mixture into chicken mixture.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until just thickened. Stir through parsley and tarragon.
- Spoon mixture into a 5 cup-capacity ovenproof dish. Make pastry Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface until large enough to cover dish.
- Place pastry over filling. Pinch edges to seal. Brush with egg. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden. Stand for 5 minutes to cool. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)