Recipe: Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free pizza and pastry flour (we used Orgran brand)
- 7g sachet dried instant yeast Pinch salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sift flour into a bowl. Add yeast and salt. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre. Add water and oil. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Divide dough in half (see note).
- You can freeze individual portions of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight before using.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)