Recipe: Gluten-Free Summer Puddings
- 500g mixed fresh summer berries (blueberries, strawberries, red-currants, blackcurrants, raspberries), plus extra raspberries, to serve
- 60g caster sugar
- 18 slices gluten-free bread
- Yoghurt, to serve
- Place half the berries in a bowl, sprinkle with half the sugar and set aside.
- Place remaining berries in a processor with remaining sugar and process until smooth. Sieve puree, discarding seeds.
- Line four 200ml dariole moulds with plastic wrap. Using a small pastry cutter, cut out 4 circles of bread to line the base of each mould.
- Use a slightly larger cutter to cut out circles of bread for tops. Remove crusts from remaining bread and cut into 2cm strips.
- Dip the bread bases in puree and place in base of moulds, then dip the bread strips and use to line sides of moulds.
- Next, fill the moulds with whole berries, packing well. Lastly, dip larger rounds in puree and place on top (chill leftover puree).
- Cover with plastic wrap, weigh down with a board and chill overnight.
- Unmould onto serving plates, drizzle with leftover puree, top with berries and serve with yoghurt.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)