Recipe: Baked greek-style omelette (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup (50g) long-grain rice
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 3 leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 3 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 2 tbs chopped dill
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 150g marinated feta cheese, drained, crumbled
- Sliced red onion and tomato, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 1-litre round ovenproof dish.
- Cook rice in boiling, salted water for 8 minutes. Drain and refresh. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan, add leek and cook over low heat for 7-8 minutes or until softened.
- Add zucchini and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add rice with mint, dill, eggs and feta. Season. Mix, then pour into dish and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Toss onion and tomato in remaining oil and place on top of omelette. Serve with a green salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)