Recipe: Barbecued mushrooms with feta (gluten-free)
- 300g fresh shiitake mushrooms, halved if large
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, halved if large
- 300g oyster mushrooms, halved if large
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) balsamic vinegar
- 150g mixed salad leaves (such as frisee, mizuna and rocket)
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl with the olive oil, garlic and 1/4 cup (60ml) of the balsamic vinegar, and toss to coat mushrooms in the mixture.
- Heat a lightly oiled chargrill over high heat. When hot, add the mushrooms in batches and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing occasionally, until cooked all over.
- Place salad and parsley leaves in a bowl with the remaining tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, then toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among plates, then top with mushrooms and feta.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)