Recipe: Blue-eye with a gluten-free herb crust
- 4 slices gluten-free bread, crusts removed
- 2 tbs chopped basil leaves
- 2 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tbs grated parmesan
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 4 x 175g skinless blue-eye fillets
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with foil, then lightly grease.
- Pulse the bread in a food processor to form rough crumbs. Add herbs, parmesan, lemon zest and eggwhite, season with salt and pepper, then pulse until just combined.
- Brush the top of each fish fillet with a little oil and press some crumb mixture onto each fillet. Transfer to the tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is golden. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook peas in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then drain.
- Divide the peas and fish among plates and serve with salad leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)