Recipe: Caramel Creams (Dairy-Free)
- 260g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, plus
- 2 extra egg yolks
- 350ml vanilla-flavoured soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Place 1 cup (220g) sugar and 1/2 cup water in a pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Brush down sides of pan with a damp pastry brush to prevent crystals forming. Increase heat, boil for 5 minutes until a golden caramel forms.
- Pour into four 150ml dariole moulds. Lightly whisk the eggs, extra yolks and remaining sugar.
- Whisk in milk, then strain mixture into the moulds. Place moulds in a roasting pan, add boiling water until halfway up the sides of the moulds.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Remove, cool, then chill overnight. Invert each mould onto a plate to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)